Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Short Job Rant

I hope that someday I have a job which provides for me the means by which I can take my family out to eat, sign the Munchkin up for all the classes her little heart and feet desire, take my pet to the vet for his shots (on time!), maybe that job might even provide enough for me to have some squirreled away. I hope that my imaginary job doesn't suck too much or force me to spend too many hours away from my family. Mostly, though, I just want said job to provide a small measure of security. A padded landing so the thought of taking my child to the doctor doesn't panic me when I consider the copay.

Yes, I know we could skip Ren Faire and Disney and we could have turned down those season ticket opportunities, but now it's too late. (Not that I don't have a whole barrel of guilt about these things and many, many more) It's not just my money. I have too many things to spend on and nothing to spend. More applications, more "smiling" through my phony "please hire me" BS on the endless forms I keep filling out and there is still no job and still no money.

maybe someday.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Nomi! Something is bound to turn up that you will enjoy and will provide you with the things you are hoping for. I think no matter the pay, it's all about budgeting out what you make, and you are very good with that so I know you will do well. :) In the meantime, know that the time you are spending with Isabella means more to her than any materialistic things money can provide and the trips you are taking her on will create wonderful childhood memories she will look back on fondly. You are doing a great job, Nomi! I know your frustrated, but dont come down on yourself too hard. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I'm feeling a lot better about things now, I've got some plans which makes all the difference in the world. And I have the best friends a girl could ask for!!

    ReplyDelete